I have helped hundreds of people hear their calling, clarify their mission, and find their confident voice to bring their unique gifts to the world. And we have gotten results.
As a coach, speaker, workshop leader, and business matchmaker, my mission is always to help heart-centered people have: More EASE. More YOU. More IMPACT.
I specialize in helping heart-centered women activate their callings — despite any blocks about key strategies like networking and communications. Their voices often go unheard in our left brain culture, and yet they are exactly the voices we need today. That’s my purpose — unleashing those much-needed voices.
I start by sincerely getting to know you and what you’re longing for (love that part!). Together we clarify your vision, create a plan to get there, and bring your vision into reality — in a way that is manageable and fun for you.
My office is in downtown Northampton, Massachusetts (in “Western Mass” as we fondly call it). I’m a transplant from the South. I help people all over the place, thanks to the phone, and can speak both Southern and “Yankee” as my Cajun dad would say.
- Seeing the genius in you – even when you can’t see it.
- Matching the real you with the right roadmap for you.
- Some kinda crazy-good intuition.
- Bringing our hearts to online and real-life communications.
- Making networking fun – even for introverts!
- Getting you unstuck – today.
You’re a rare find, so very smart and insightful, pushy at exactly the right moments, and quick with laughter throughout. Your passion for what you’re doing really does shine through.”
~Small business owner, Western MA
My methods are informed by these approaches or beliefs:
- More you = more ease = more impact. (I call this my Black Swan Formula for Success.)
- You can think big and keep it simple.
- Authenticity is the most effective way to be successful. (Oprah and other proof)
- You don’t have to spend a fortune to rise above the noise, but you do have to invest something — strategically.
- It doesn’t have to be that hard. When it feels hard, it’s time to get help.
- Work should feel like play.
Specialty: Helping You Rise Above Self-Promotion Blocks
I specialize in helping introverted women who are feeling challenged to promote themselves. You didn’t start a business to focus on the marketing part, you just want to bring your gifts to the world; sound familiar?
If you’re following your calling or passions, or want to do so, and you want to bring something meaningful to the world, you’re right up my alley! The world needs your unique perspective and I want to help you make that difference.
I have the experience, the understanding of your needs, and the supportive coaching skills to make it easy.
See also: Coaching for Introverts
Thinking Big. Keeping It Simple.
A highlight of my pre-coaching career was when I was invited to speak at an international AIDS conference about our successes with involving volunteers.
I am still humbled when I recall sitting on a panel next to a woman tackling the AIDS front in Africa. I learned a lot from her about not letting lack of resources get in the way. With her beautiful smile, she explained the creative ways her group was making a difference in devastated communities.
I know from her and a thousand other examples that we can think big and still keep it simple and affordable.
- Former wallflower who now loves networking (my ex-wallflower story)
- Thriving business owner in a down economy
- Featured expert in the media – on self-employment, networking, and related topics (e.g., radio) and speaking engagements (See speaking history and media coverage)
- Graduate of the Coaches Training Institute. (Loved it!)
- Committed to following the International Coach Federation (ICF) ethical standards.
- Chair, Western Mass Coaching Alliance
- 20+ years in health and human services
- 12+ years in management (non-profit and business worlds)
- 20+ years in marketing and communications (non-profit and business worlds)
- 10+ years helping with websites and web marketing, especially for healing arts professionals
- Inbound Marketing Certified Professional
- Successful experience in a range of settings — including education, human resources management, and web marketing
- 5 years of training in and practicing conscious communication, also known as non-violent communication (NVC), a powerful tool for heart-centered and direct communication
- Longtime veteran of 12-step living
- Activist: LGBTIQQA, human rights, peace
- Former illustrator and ad designer (award-winning)
- B.A., Tulane University (Double major: Sociology, Latin American Studies)
For the real-world credentials, check out my testimonials.
And if you like those résumé-like credentials:
My Coaching and Consulting Business History
I first opened my own business as a consultant for small businesses who wanted help with communications — especially online communications (e.g., social media), because I already had a solid reputation for it.
I soon found that many of my clients had fears that got in the way of their marketing, such as networking or self-promotion anxiety or fear of exposure. So my natural coaching style kicked in, and we’ve all been a lot happier and seen more results since then.
Finally, after some additional coach training, I started calling myself a coach more than a consultant, but I bring both skills to my work. I switch hats as needed. (See Business Coaching for details.)
Then I officially added coaching for individuals, especially coaching for introverts and career coaching. I’ve been doing something like it for ages under different names (mentor, program manager, human resources manager, friend). It’s been a joyful birthing process of bringing more of the real me to work. It’s an ongoing journey and I’m so grateful for it all.
You can email me for more information.
I look forward to hearing from you.